There are exactly a few reasons I’m having a hard time taking the Olympics seriously:
- The stories the media thinks I care about are: a Chinese swimmer might be ‘doping’, Badminton players are throwing matches, a male soccer player is a racist and a female soccer player is catfighting with a retired female soccer player.
- The fastest human on the planet gets the same award as a guy that rides a dancing horse.
- The opening ceremonies has become the world’s most polished turd.
- I want to root for the people that don’t have back-stories, but they don’t exist.
- If the winner of your contest is decided by a judge, it’s not a sport or a competition.
- It’s the Summer Games. Every event should take place outside.
- Some asshole decided to hold the Summer Games in a city that doesn’t have a summer. So now, the greatest beach bodies on the planet are covered up while playing beach volleyball on a fake beach.